Saturday, November 1, 2014

3 years where to go from here?

For 3 years, I have taken a moment out of my day to think about how important it is for my daughter to know how much I love her, and want her to know how I feel about issues and situations she will deal with in the future. I hope when she is old enough to read all of these posts, she understands they were done with love and some sense of thought and reflection. I pray when the day comes that  I am not here for her, she can go back to these tidbits of advice and opinion and they help her make a good decision. Or deal with life's twists and turns.

The blog has been difficult to keep up with and as most people can tell, my grammar is not always the best. As a matter of fact I stopped blogging for a while due to the criticism I was receiving. That was a mistake and not the best overall example I should be showing as a father. Fear and criticism are not a reason to stop. They are the reason to work harder. In the same breath. I have to look at the critic and make the wise decision on how much weight I give the individual.

Leadership and parenting goes hand and hand and if you can not lead by example then you need to rethink what you are doing. Reflecting on the last three years and looking at all the Facebook Posts and Instragram pictures, I ask myself is their anything else I have to say. The answer is yes. I have so much more to say and it starts with letting my child know that I love her more than anything.

I hope in the future  both my daughter and the individuals and former students who have followed me the last 3 years have enjoyed these moments of advice, opinion and food for thought. They all come from experience and reflection on the events that happen on a daily basis.

For those who have been with me for 3 years a heart felt  thank you. For those who have constructively criticized me thank you as well. You can not get better if everyone tells you how great you are. Nor can you become better if no one says anything at all.

To my daughter, I love you every day, more and more.To the moon and back a million times and every day that ends in Y. Life is like a puzzle it takes hard work and time to solve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment